Friday, June 18, 2010

Tool 3: Image Generators and

m letter A letter S letter h U letter P IMG_5579_2

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.



ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

I had a blast generating images and mash-ups!

Some of my ideas for the classroom are:
Generate ideas by writing words that correspond with shapes using a Word Mosaic in Image Chef.
Write words a character says, feels, or does using a Word Mosaic in Image Chef or Captioner in Big Huge Labs.
Make a field trip video using Animoto with uploaded images from the trip.
Add student names to a class blog for "Student of the Week" in a fun way using Spell with Flickr.

What do you think? Am I stretching or not reaching far enough?

6 comments:

  1. I think you have some great ideas. I think you could also use the image generator to help kids with descriptive writing. What grade do you teach? I look forward to hearing other ideas about the other tools too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comment and suggestion. I teach 1st grade. Using image generators for descriptive writing is a great idea.

    Ms. P, what grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teach 3rd grade and can't wait to use many more of these tools with my students and refine some of the ones I am already familiar with due to taking the "23 Things" training previously. Have you taken that training? Some of it is the same as this, but some of it is different and a bit more in depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't taken 23 Things. I wanted to last year, but it was closed by the time I tried to register.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's an excellent idea to use the animoto for downloading pictures of events where our students participate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladybug:

    Love the mashup! I have also used Animoto and liked the results. Big Huge Labs is one of my new favorite websites. Lots of fun stuff to have the students use for showing word clouds, etc. We have Photostory loaded on our computers and it works well.

    ReplyDelete