Friday, July 2, 2010

Google Docs & Reader (Tool #4)

Google Docs = Awesome! With the help of my fellow 1st grade dual language teachers, I created a working roadmap for science and social studies. My colleagues were able to access & edit the document with ease. They seemed to enjoy seeing the changes instantly load and save. I really like not having to open an attachment from an e-mail, edit, save, and e-mail it back. Google Docs is an amazing timesaver. Unfortunately, when I tried to create a table using the word processing tool, it was a bit frustrating. Hopefully, that feature will improve and work more like the word processing software I use on my computer soon.

Google Reader = Okay. I think I need more experience with this tool. It automatically imported the blogs I am following in Blogger, which I see any time I log in. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of many sites that I wanted to follow besides local & world news sites.

I think Google Docs is a great tool for educators to use with other educators for planning and scheduling. In the primary classroom...I'm still thinking. Google Reader would be useful when following other class blogs or current events. Again, I'm still struggling to think of useful and meaningful ways of using these tools.

1 comment:

  1. Reader to me looks like a more organized "keep up with stuff online" tool, at least more organized than what I do now! I think all of this will get easier for us the more we use and play with it....

    ReplyDelete